What's new

Small suggestions

Mahanimal

Super Donator
As another update passes without some small fixes coming to Novea, I've been told to make this post out of frustration...

Today we saw the launch of the agility pyramid at home. While this is cool, unique, untested, it has a brought bit of frustration to myself and several others. This pyramid is advertised appealing to new players, yet I believe there a lot of smaller changes that will appeal to new players even more showing professionalism. Changes that are as small as editing a single line of code.

Regarding to this update -
- The new thieving stalls don't increase in xp, each of the first 3 stalls give 160 xp each, yet require different levels of thieving. (to say "oh you can do more than 1 per respawn" is not realistic as there may be others using the stall at the same time)
- The new agility pyramid is insanely frustrating with it's failure rate. Having a max cape should contribute to not falling 75% of the time. Instead, this update appealing to new players will bring nothing but frustration when a new player falls over and over. I know if I were to join a new server, see this giant pyramid advertised towards people like me, and attempt to use it for money only to fall every other obstacle, I would be removing the client from my pc. Not only is this the most boring skill in runescape, but to make the fail rates this high is actually insane. Not to mention it has terrible xp rates so this update is really just going to push people away rather bring people in.

Regarding things that should have been updated...
- Small notification and advertisement changes will go a lot further than a frustrating agility course. Daily there is a new player who is confused about voting for their "1m reward" and only receiving 250k. This is a small change in dialogue to correct the amount supposed to be received. Not only would this save staff and players time answering these questions daily, but it would also contribute to make the server look more professional.
- Back to the professional aspect, half of the notifications need updating as when tournaments come around, ::tournament brings you nowhere close to the tournament. This is as simple as a coordinate change.
- Other changes such as the ability to alch certain common items and lots of other spells that are broken will add much more convenience and professionalism to this server.

These changes have been talked about and known about longer than I've played on this server. For this update to come out and no changes made to the small, small bugs found all around the server is very frustrating. In other words the new little pond + fishing spot is nice and aesthetically pleasing, but also very annoying when you fall off the first obstacle 50/50 and have to go around it. Overall 3/10 update. Very disappointed. Hopeful for some change.