What's new

Client immediately closes on startup

acefresca

Ultimate Ironman
Hey gamers,

was excitred to try out Novea but ran into a bit of a problem. When running from either the launcher or the java client, it starts up for about a fraction of a second before immediately closing. Looked at the java error file that popped up and got this:

#
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
# EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00000000, pid=8304, tid=0x00002ed4
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_251-b08) (build 1.8.0_251-b08)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (25.251-b08 mixed mode, sharing windows-x86 )
# Problematic frame:
# C 0x00000000
#
# Failed to write core dump. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#

Tried to look into the specific error I was getting using some google-fu to... various results and solutions that either didn't work, or they applied to minecraft specifically and I wasn't able with my limited expertise able to figure out a way to apply them to resolving the issue here.

If it helps I have an intel processor and a nvidia gpu, which seems to be fueling the problem if the other google search results are to be believed.

Not sure if guys will be able to help, but wanted to throw this out here anyway.